Monday, September 30, 2013

"Christopher 'Ludacris' Bridges" - That Means "Christopher 'Ludacris' Bridges" in Spanish because that's a proper noun.

There you are! The Barcelona MetroBlog almost left without you. Now buy a ticket and hop aboard the red line, Línea Uno. First stop: Adventure!

Alright! It looks as though we accidentally went to the wrong platform and we're actually heading away from Adventure, but that's alright because we can get off at the next stop and then cross back over to the platform and then head back towards Adventure.

Right, so I'm pretty sure Adventure is on this line but we might need to make a few transfers. Hold on, let me look at this map for a second.

Ok! I forgot almost all of what I saw on the map as soon as I turned away from it. Lets follow these Canadians and see what happens. They're wearing enough denim to look like they know what they're doing.

Great, we've left the MetroBlog and are now in a place that is unfamiliar to me and my memory.
Lets grab a Fanta and walk.

Aaaaand we've made it! Adventure here we are!

A certain amount of time ago, I had the opportunity to watch the Castell festival here in Barcelona, where people who claim they are from Catalunya erect towers made completely of humans being! These days, they build the human towers out of living humans which makes for a more ethical and cleaner tradition. Small children* even participate by climbing the towers, but the kids come first in terms of safety because they wear helmets. I brought my helmet and I tried to climb one of the towers but they said that I was prohibited from participating for some reason. Guess I wore my crampons for no reason!
Anyway, if you don't know what the Catalonian human towers are, just Bing it! 


In other news, I found out that people shower in the nude here! My study abroad program CIEE (CIEE: You're the King of the World) warned me that Barcelona was located in Europe, home to strange things such as Speedos and public transportation. While it's taken some time to get used to, I decided I'd try the European way of things and try to shower in the 

[and this is where The Blog gets a little iffy for those under 18]

nude

[and we're back to being family friendly]

myself.


In other business, I added some new pictures to the walking tour album. Let me know what you think!

In this post, we'll be closing with a MTV Cribs style salutation.

get outta here, go on, come on, i got shit to do, seriously, this is my house, get outta here.
alright peace...



*almost positive those were not tiny adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment