Monday, September 23, 2013

"Fundació Antoni Tàpies" - That Means "Disappointing Cocktail Party" in Spanish!


Greeting friend and families!
Good morning! or as we say in Spain, "Go home tourist!"

Great to be back here at The Blog with you again.

This last day or 10 has been a whirlwind! And while the excitement of Newark's finest airport food court is beginning to fade, living in Barcelona has its advantages too. Barcelona: famous for Barcelona music!

One evening in the past, I paid a visit to Barcelona's Parc Guell, a site where tourists come to watch tourists buy overpriced jewelry with the city's skyline in the background. At night, one can see Barcelona at night.

Luckily I enjoyed the parc after the swarms of polite folks had left. The parc was empty because families are usually home for dinner around 9-11pm. People eat quite late here. Not sure what that's about, but I think it's a cultural thing. Stand by for further confirmation in later parts of The Blog.

[[To purchase later parts of The Blog, send 1 payment of (euro symbol)50 to P.O. Box Where Max Lives in Barcelona, I Know, He Doesn't Exactly Know His Address, But He Knows How He Gets Home, Anyway, Just Get This Money to Him, Thanks, Barcelona, Spain, European Union]]

I promised my Photography in Barcelona professor that I'd continue to post pictures of my time here. Here's a photo I took at the top of Barcelona's Parc Guell, looking out over the city. It took me a couple times to get the lighting right because I wanted to show most of the buildings and the beach. It was difficult to get the perfect photo when the sun was on the wrong side of the world, but this is the best I could do. 


It's hard to see in this photo, but one of the coolest buildings, and my favorite example of modern architecture in the city, is Barcelona's
Torre Agbar, lit up with an assortment of different designs every night.


With that, Part III of The Blog concludes, but not without a priceless Barcelona Tip!

Barcelona Tip Tip
In Barcelona (and other locations), people do not tip as is custom in the United States of America. To my (and now our) knowledge, this is not a cultural trend. Most waiters, taxi drivers, bellboys, and waitresses are significantly, and noticeably worse at their jobs. Go figure.

Well, "Hasta la vista!" or as we say in Spain, "Hasta la vista in Spanish!"

No comments:

Post a Comment